Private Diagnostic Insurance (PDI)
There is no doubt that the NHS is a world class healthcare provider and excels in treating known conditions; the struggle they have is in the volume of patients seeking diagnosis and the ability to deal with these quickly so that individuals receive their diagnostic tests and can move quickly into the treatment phase.
Our Cignpost PDI cover provides you with an affordable alternative pathway to speedy diagnosis allowing you access to treatment pathways much sooner.
We can cover you for the cost of diagnostic testing** undertaken through the private healthcare pathway, but without expensive one-off costs and with no excess.
Diagnostic tests include, but are not limited to: MRI scans, Ultrasound, PET/CT scans, X Rays, biopsies and pathology tests.*
Referral can be from either your registered NHS GP or Cignpost’s private GP service (see details below on the Cignpost Health Membership services that are included in your PDI purchase.)
Key Benefits for you
No excess – you can be reassured with the knowledge that the cost of your test will be taken care of**.
Quick and simple – waiting time for tests undertaken privately are often considerably shorter than the public pathway, giving you peace of mind that you are being diagnosed and can follow any subsequent treatment pathway in the shortest available time.
Access to our Cignpost Health Membership Services – as part of your PDI product you have access to our experienced team of nurses with GP support, who are there to help you every step of the way.
How it works
- A GP refers you for a test. On the NHS it might not be available for weeks and as a one-off private appointment it may be costly.
- You request a referral letter from your GP and call the Cignpost PDI claims team!
- You will then need to organise an appointment and inform the Cignpost claims team of the details. Our Cignpost nurses will assist you to find an appropriate diagnostic clinic if you need support with this.
- The Cignpost claims team will provide a pre-authorisation letter to both the chosen clinic and yourself. You will need this documentation to proceed. Cignpost will then deal with the rest including correspondence and billing.
If you’re interested in finding out more or would like to arrange PDI cover for yourself or/and your family email us at:
* Pre-existing conditions within the past 5 years (10 years for cancer) are not covered by a Cignpost PDI policy.
** Up to the policy limit of £5,000, per policy holder per year.